Thursday, September 1, 2011

Live Your Dreams

It's been over a year since I thought about my blog.  I don't know why.  I love to write.  I have so much to share and now, so much TIME.  For the past 3 years, I've been going through the motions of my job.  Other than train, all I did was work, travel to work, worry about work, travel some more and start over the next day. Thankfully working out and training gave me something to look forward to.  I'm not someone who wants to or likes to fail, so I was always trying my best....sometimes I was trying too hard to fit EVERYTHING in that I wanted to accomplish. Trying to have a career with the company that I finally got in with, training for an Ironman, started a new marriage...where was my time going?  I was constantly stressed, in pain from stress, eating horribly, and going through the motions.  Have you ever been like that?  Well, I know it wasn't me.

It became apparent to me within the past few weeks, that something big had changed and I really hadn't been looking at things from the right perspective.  I lost my job this summer, which was a bummer, BUT....and that's a big BUT, it was all for a reason.  I went through 3 years of telling good employees (I don't mind telling the bad) that they no longer had a job.  It was mentally wearing on me.  I've never been one to think I'm better than anyone else, so I knew my day would come....and I knew it would come in year 3. It's weird how intution works. The thing is, I look forward to leaving.  I felt that it was time for a change, and what I THOUGHT I wanted, really wasn't.  Time to take on something bigger than me that affected other people in a positive way.  So, as of July 1, 2011, my journey began. Yes...if you have ever been unemployed, there is a time when you think...wow, a long vacation. But for someone who likes to work and stay busy, it's not all it's cracked up to be.  (I will not complain that I actually got a two and a half week vacation in Colorado. I never could have made that happen while working.) I've redone everything I can in my house. I've cleaned out, organized, built, painted... you name it.  I've trained almost daily for my next Ironman (but that too gets old when it's the only thing you have to do.) I like variety. I like seeing people.  Being stuck at home, doing projects, is getting monotonous.  I've done some labor this summer.  I've cleaned the house MANY times and done yard work.  Josh and I added a patio in our back yard. The list goes on and on.  You know what?  While it has been a little boring, I am thankful to finally have the time to do these things.  Otherwise, they would just get put on the list for next year and then to the next, etc.

So now that you know what I've been up to this summer, let me say this.  I've also been looking for jobs, working with a career coach, and trying to decide what I want to do when I grow up.  I'm not so sure that I want to be a corporate career girl any longer.  Not when I realize that my true love is in fitness and nutrition. I've taken webinars on how to find jobs, interviewing, how to start your own business....etc. I KNOW there is something out there that is perfect for me.  While I can't say for sure where I'm headed....I do know this.  I'm going to live my motto.  I say it all the time, but I woke up this week and decided.  LIVE YOUR DREAMS.  So, obviously, I'm not going to be a professional triathlete (not so sure I want to considering the book I'm reading by one right now....can you say cocky asshole?), but I can live like one for a while.  Who says I can't live the life of a pro triathlete since I have the time?  Who says I can't give FL IM my all?!?  So as of today, I'm a pro triathlete (by my terms...Please! I don't really think I can go pro. LOL), even if it's only for a short period of time.  In the mean time...I'm self employed.  I've got things in motion.  I want to live a different life, and I'm going to find my niche. I'm going to figure it out, and it's going to be AMAZING.  As Vince Lomardi says, " You can be as great as you want to be.  If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive, and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay for the things that are worthwhile, IT CAN BE DONE."  Well said!!!

I'm off to ride with my peeps! : )  Stay tuned....I'm in LEARNING mode these days and willing to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment